Use of these forums constitutes acceptance and agreement to the Forum Code of Conduct and Forum user Agreement. If a user violates the Code of Conduct or User Agreement, Cold Fist Publishing Inc. reserves the right to terminate all accounts belonging to the user without prior notice. Cold Fist Publishing Inc. prefers to advise users of inappropriate behavior. However, flagrant and repeated violations of the Code will result in an immediate ban. The failure of Cold Fist Publishing Inc. to enforce this policy, for whatever reason, shall not be construed as a waiver of the right to do so at any time.
- Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
- Ensure the privacy of our members and that of others
- Comply with existing laws
- Encourage responsible use of our forums and discourage activities which disrupt our community and reduce the value of our services to our visitors
- Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner
What about free-speech?
While we are committed to the principles of free speech, certain activities may be damaging to the resources of both Cold Fist Publishing Inc. and our communities and cannot be permitted under the guise of free speech. The resources of Cold Fist Publishing Inc. are limited, and abuse of these resources by one user has a negative impact on the entire community.
As a member of this vast forum community, a user must participate responsibly. If a user has any questions regarding the Code of Conduct, please contact a forum moderators or email@example.com
Violations of the Code of Conduct
Unauthorized access / Forum Security
The following actions are strictly prohibited:
- Accessing, or attempting to access, the accounts of other users
- Exploiting, or attempting to exploit, bugs, vulnerabilities, or loopholes; whether they are disclosed or undisclosed
- Penetrating, or attempting to penetrate, security measures of Cold Fist Publishing Inc.'s software or hardware, or electronic communications systems
All intrusions will result in the immediate termination of the violators account, regardless of whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption, loss, or theft of data.
Users are responsible for the security of their MMO News World accounts. Users may not share their passwords or transfer – via any means – their accounts to others without the written permission of the Cold Fist Publishing Inc's Forum Management Team. In addition, users are responsible for all activity made by themselves or anyone the user allows to use their account.
Usernames must not contain any of the following:
- Curse words or profanity
- Phrases attacking other members
- Words or phrases meant to offend other users of www.mmonewsworld.com
- Words of phrases that are discriminitory in nature
Ad Hominem comments/personal attacks towards anyone - staff, forum member, or a visitor who is likely to view it on the forums - is subject to the message being deleted and action taken against the user, regardless of how pertinent or thoughtful the rest of the message might be.
Unless a thread or forum is designated as an area for spamming, you may not spam. Spam includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Excessive off-topic threads
- Posting nonsensical messages
- “Flooding” the forum with similar meaning messages
- Post-Count farming
- Inciting a forum war or riot
- Outwar-style links
- Blatant advertising
- Messages without content
- Fraudulent activity (Pyramid schemes, chain letters, phishing etc.)
- Free-____ links (i.e. Free iPods, Free PSP, etc. etc.)
The MMO News World forums are not to be used to advertise your own website or business or forums or websites similar in nature to MMO News World. You are permitted to link your website in your signature without a slogan.
If you wish to advertise at Cold Fist Publishing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any forumer who seems to have created their account solely to promote another site will be permanently banned.
Pirated Materials, Cracks, Multiplayer Hacks, Keys, and Key-Generators
“Piracy” is the illegal copying and/or distribution of copyrighted content including, but not limited to, games, software, music, movies, pictures, ROMs, abandon-ware, and leaked software. “Cracks” are programs that disable copy-protection technology; “Multiplayer Hacks” are any programs, patches, files, modifications or information exposure cheats that allow a player to gain an unfair advantage over other human opponents in a multiplayer game; a “Key” is a combination of numbers and letters that is required for software installation and sometimes used to validate users for online play; and “Key-Generators” are programs that generate valid Keys.
You may not encourage, post in support of, link to, or discuss activities, methods, and/or techniques involving piracy, cracks, multiplayer hacks, keys and key-generators. In addition, the following are grounds for moderator action on your post and/or account:
- Seeking help to create cracks, multiplayer hacks and key-generators
- Seeking missing files that are supplied with installation CD(s)
- Admitting to possess pirated materials, cracks, multiplayer hacks and key-generators
- Admitting to distribute pirated materials, cracks, multiplayer hacks, keys and key-generators
- Admitting to the use of cracks, multiplayer hacks and key-generators
- Uploading any such files to Cold Fist Publishing sites
Violation of this rule will result in an instant and permanent ban unless the user can prove that they had no knowledge of the illegality of their actiions
Forgery or impersonation
Attempting to impersonate any person, including staff, using forged headers, instant messenger names, similar usernames (i.e. “GiIIB”, “Gi11B”, “Angel GillB”) in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited.
You may not use profanity or bypass the software-based censor. In addition to words included in the censor list, sexual remarks and slang may be considered profane when used in certain contexts.
A word about what is considered to be bypassing the software-based censor: Anything done to avoid the default *'s provided by the censor is considered to be a bypass of the censor. For example, if the word “angle” was in the censor (it is not), then all of the following are considered a bypass of the censor and thus in violation of the CoC:
- ang1e, angl3
- anglë, añgle
- a n g l e
- a<!-- a -->ngle
- <img src="http://www.example.com/93QrsteaV/angle.gif"> (links to image containing the word “angle” used in a demeaning context)
The list of words automatically censored by our filter is available upon request.
A user may not use terms or audio/visual materials referring to ethnic/national origin, ideological/religious beliefs, gender, or sexual preference in a demeaning context.
Cold Fist Publishing Inc. has no tolerance for discrimination. A user would be considered in violation of this rule if the nature of the post discriminates, promotes hate, promotes violence or advocates hatred or discrimination against individuals, groups, races, cultures or organizations because of ethnic/national origin, skin color or culture.
To use any terms in an offensive context against a person, race, culture, group or organization, as determined by our moderators, is a violation.
Please note that words carry different meanings in different cultures, and that while a word may be acceptable use in one part of the world, it may not be in another. In addition, any one can invent their own derogatory terms, unfortunately. Because of those factors, Cold Fist Publishing Inc. will evaluate the context in which the term was used to determine whether a violation has occurred.
Porn/Sexually Offensive Materials
A user may not post or link to pornography or sexually offensive materials. If a user is unsure whether what they wish to post may be in violation of this rule, please consult a moderator first before posting.
Offensive Images / Shock Sites
A user may not post or link to shock sites, or any such excessively obscene material. If a user is unsure whether what they wish to post may be in violation of this rule, please consult a moderator first before posting. Blatant violations of this rule will result in a permanent ban on account.
A user may not use these forums or any digital holdings owned by Cold Fist Publishing Inc. for illegal purposes, in support of illegal activities, or encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, as determined by the laws of Canada and the Province of Manitoba. Such activities will guarantee a ban. Cold Fist Publishing Inc. reserves the right to cooperate with legal authorities and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any suspected crime or civil wrongdoing.
Cold Fist Publishing Inc. will delete posts containing materials in breach of active Non-Disclosure Agreements. Cold Fist Publishing Inc. reserves the right to cooperate with the companies in the investigation of any Non-Disclosure Agreement breach.
- A user may not post any form of real life information of another user unless they have been given written consent. Examples of real life information include name, address, IP addresses, and phone numbers.
- A user may not distribute any form of real life information, email address, private/email Messages, and Instant Messenger messages (“Chatlogs”) with intent to harass or in any demeaning manner as determined by a moderator, regardless of consent.
- A user may not disclose another user's unpublicized email address without written permission.
- A user may not post any form of real life information if they are 13 or under.
Signatures, whether facilitated by the forum software or by the user, may not exceed the following restrictions:
- The signature may not contain more than 6 lines including blank lines
- Signature images may not be larger than 300 pixels wide by 75 pixels high
- Signature images may not be larger than 7 kilobytes
- The signature must not violate any part of this Code of Conduct
English is the official language of these forums. Because we can not moderate conversations in a foreign language, you may not hold a conversation in the pulic forums in any language other than English.
Foreign languages are allowed in forum signatures as long as
a.) it is not in violation of the Code of Conduct,
b.) not in a different character set, i.e. áíúúíá éáéä,
c.) a correct translation is either included in the signature (which should not take the signature beyond the current 6 line limit) or is in the 'About Me' box of the user's profile.
- A user may not harvest email addresses from our forums for any purpose
- A user is required to keep their forum account email address up-to-date. If a warning sent to the email address on record bounces, the user account will be banned and the individual will have to contact email@example.com to have the account account unbanned
Moderation & Bans
- A user may not evade a ban. Doing so will drastically lengthen the ban. If a user believes their actions were not in violation of this Code of Conduct, they can appeal the ban by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A user may not publicly complain about or demand a reason for another user's ban, the deletion of a message, or the deletion/closure of a thread. Any discussion about warnings, bans, message deletion, thread deletion and thread closure should be done over private email between the person concerned and the moderators
- A user may not re-edit a message that has been edited by a moderator
- A user may not post a message on behalf of a banned individual.
- Do not post negative posts and discussions that are repeated over and over and over with no other purpose than to disrupt conversation.
- A user may not bait/troll other users. Bait / Trolling is defined as posting with a clear intent to provoke anger, incendiary posts, and behavior that results in other users violating the Code of Conduct
- A user may not bait, insult, flame, or otherwise abuse a staff member. Staff members have to follow the same rules, and should a user have a problem with a certain staff member, please contact a moderator or the Forum Management Team.
- A user may not abuse their ability to post in HTML in HTML-enabled forums
- A user may not post graphically-disturbing images as inline images (such that the images are displayed when users view your post). However, a user can link to the images with a warning stating that the images are graphically disturbing
- A user may not post in a manner that is harmful to Cold Fist Publishing Inc.
- A user may not register multiple accounts with intent to violate any part of this Code of Conduct.
- A user may not link to the forum logout page.